Are you confused about the term dental veneers
? Here is the simple explanation to that. It is the dental porcelain laminates which are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length. Veneers in Dubai maintains high standard and established as a mostly accepted one among the customers.
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. It resists stains and protects the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. It is better to consult your dentist to figure out which veneer material suits you to shine better.
The type of problems dental veneers fix are:
- Correcting the discoloured teeth which may be the result of strains of root canal treatment or stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes or the presence of large resin fillings etc.
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped
- Teeth with gaps between them
Procedures of veneers treatment are:
- Diagnosis of the condition
- Selecting the type of treatment
- Proceeding to x Rays
- Preparation (like reducing the size of the teeth for proper treatment, reducing the pain etc.)
- Bonding (fitting and matching the colour of the teeth, removing and shaping the teeth/ trimming it, cleaning and polishing)
Advantages of Veneers:
- It provides a natural tooth appearance
- The gum tissue can tolerate porcelain well
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- The colour of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
Disadvantages of Veneers:
- This process is irreversible, once it is done it cannot be undone
- It is more expensive than resin bonding and nor repairable
- Since the enamel will be lost partially, you may become more sensitive to hot and cold food items
- Not all veneers match the colour of your teeth
- You have to more careful in biting hard objects since there is a chance of it falling off.
- It is not advisable for unhealthy teeth
Veneers can be used for seven to fifteen years and it improves the appearance of your teeth. Keeping in both the advantages and disadvantages of veneers, select your clinic and fix an appointment. Veneers in Dubai
have plenty of options to choose from and make your smile Hollywood look alike!