Being a valued patient in Dubai, you and your family have the following Rights:
1. Fully understand and practice all your rights. If, for any reason, you don’t understand them, please contact customer relation office for any help including providing an interpreter (if any).
2. Full disclosure of health services cost and information related to all services provided by the Facility
3. Receive impartial care and respect of your personal values and beliefs from all staff without discrimination, according to DHA’s rules and regulations.
4. Receive comprehensive medical care aiming at reaching proper medical diagnosis and treatment of your illness and / or your injury.
5. Receive immediate care in emergency cases.
6. Know the identity (name & specialty) of the physician responsible for your care.
7. Receive comprehensive information about your diagnosis, proposed treatment, any changes in your health status and causes of such changes, alternative treatments, probabilities of treatment success or failure, therapy advantages and disadvantages, possible problems related to treatment and expected results of ignoring the treatment in a simple understandable manner.
8. Have an interpreter (upon availability) if the language presents a barrier to understanding details of your comprehensive medical care.
9. Give your written General Consent for treatment at DHA upon admission to the hospital / centre.
10. Give your written informed consent before any surgery, minimally invasive procedure, anesthesia, transfusion of blood and blood products, or any other medical procedures that entail your written consent (according to DHA’s rules and regulations) after receiving all information that you need. This must include the procedure benefits, available alternatives and all possible risks.
11. Participate in your care decision – making. DHA encourages patients, parents or legal guardians to participate in planning and implementing the treatment with nurses and physicians.
12. Obtain a medical report and a copy of medial test results from the Medical Records Section (upon your request), for which the hospital will charge you according to DHA’s rules and regulations.
13. Enjoy privacy during the performance of all examinations, procedures, and treatment at the hospital / centre, and DHA maintains confidentiality of all your information.
14. Choose the treating team doctor (upon availability and operational needs).
15. Refuse the treatment. Thus, the treating doctor must inform you of the medical consequences of your refusal. Accordingly, you shall sign a form with your decision.
16. Refuse examination or follow – up of your treatment details by any person not directly responsible for your care. For persons who are not directly involved in your treatment, they must have your prior permission to attend your case discussion, examination and treatment.
17. Be protected during treatment form any physical, verbal or psychological assault.
18. Receive information from the treating doctor – in case you would like to donate any body organ – about donation process including advantages and potential disadvantages.
19. Have a family member or guardian as an escort depending on your availability and your health status, as per DHA’s rules and regulations. However, due to medical reasons, certain units don’t allow this.
20. Receive complete explanation of causes to be transferred to another care center, consequent obligations (financial and administrative – if any) and alternatives. Then, the hospital / centre management will make all necessary arrangements to obtain the alternate medical center’s approval to receive the referred patient before starting the transfer process.
21. Receive – upon your request – an itemized bill explaining all charges regardless paid by yourself or by other sources.
22. Complaints and suggestions on services can be submitted through customer relation offices in the hospital / centre or through complaint.
23. View your medical record under the supervision assessment and management of pain through well-known therapies and provides you with all necessary information in this regard.
24. DHA respects your right of appropriate assessment and management of pain through well-known therapies and provides you with all necessary information in this regard.
25. In case of any new scientific research conducted by DHA pertaining to your treatment, your doctor will inform you on all related issues including potential benefits and risks, therapeutic alternatives and medical research protocol details.
26. If you are asked to participate in a medical research, you have the right to give a written consent or refuse. You also have the right to end your participation at any time for any reason. This will not compromise the quality of medical services provided to you.
27. DHA is committed to provide terminally ill and dying patients with decent and compassionate care respecting their unique needs, according to DHA’s regulations.